Monday, March 30, 2009

Mike Budai

Mike Budai is an amazing artist and Pittsburgh native, to boot. I can't even tell you the first time that I heard of him or saw his artwork, I think it might have been on the cover of the Pittsburgh City Paper...maybe for the Arts Festival? Either way, that Arts Festival was the first time I got to purchase a little piece of Mike Budai goodness, which was this shirt.

 I absolutely love this shirt. It was already sooooo soft when I bought it and it's only gotten better. I remember seeing it in the booth at the Arts Festival and jumping up and down like a little kid, screaming at my husband to stop so I could buy this, haha. Oh, good times. From what I remember, it was really reasonably priced, too. It's held up pretty well as far as the printing goes. The only thing is that I now have a few small holes in the front from opening beer bottles with it. Oops, sorry, Mike.


My third encounter with Budai's work was the PAPA tournament held in Carnegie. Seriously, this guy does shirts for pinball, how can you not love him!? I actually had no idea that he was doing the shirts for this until I went to buy one. Mine is not this one, however, the one that I got is a dark brown with two hamster-like creatures on the back playing with a pinball. It's adorable.

Then, last but not least, I found him on Myspace. Hooray. So now, I can keep up with all of the awesomeness that is Mike Budai. The pic on the left is the current background on my work desktop, it makes me happy.

Seriously, check this guy out and support your local art scene, Pittsburgh-ers!!!

Mike Budai's Myspace

No comments:

Post a Comment