Thursday, June 11, 2009

Rhett Miller - Mythologies

Mythologies You will see that I did link to this album on Amazon, but you won't find it there...

I even tried to find a link on EBay, nothing.

I am a rare album junkie I have decided. It's an addiction. It started with Y Kant Tori Read and it's gone to Rhett Miller's Mythologies. I have tracked this album down and it makes me smile.

This album was released in 1989, making Mr. Miller a mere 18 years old. How. Freaking. Adorable. It's amazing listening to this album back to back with his new release Rhett Miller. On Mythologies, it's like a little window into the future of the Old 97's front man. Naked, acoustic tracks and perhaps a slight British accent on Miller? Who knew. "Iron Child", "Song for Truman Capote", and "Still They Sing" easily could have been on The Instigator, Miller's first well-known solo album. I love his acoustic stuff. I was actually a little disappointed in The Believer for that point, but it did quickly grow on me. I'd love to see him do an acoustic solo show again. Then again, I'm just a sucker for anything acoustic.

He does have a few awkward teen moments with "Honey In My Tea" and "Days Between Stations" but obviously, he can hold his own in the music industry. If you can find one of the 1,000 hand numbered copies, sell a limb. It's like a fountain of youth in Rhett Miller Land. A!

Rhett Miller's Site, though you won't find any mention of this album on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment