Thursday, April 29, 2010

Bitter:Sweet

Okay, I think by now we’ve established that I heart trip-hop. These things happen. Also, things like Bitter:Sweet happen and they make me realize just how much I love trip-hop. Yet another find on Pandora, they were a pleasant surprise in a Supreme Beings of Leisure playlist. (Kiran Shahani is part of the duo, along with Shanna Haligan, the vocalist.)

Unfortunately, I’ve only heard the few tracks played by Pandora and the sparse selection on their Myspace, but what I have heard, I love. Especially “Trouble”. It makes me want to wear suits and drink martinis and possibly become a super-spy. I’d give Chuck a run for his money…and quite possibly a few other things, but that’s a story for another time.

They’re also another one of those bands who are just popping up everywhere from TV shows to commercials to movies and everywhere in between. So far, they’ve been featured in The Devil Wears Prada, Grey’s Anatomy, Lipstick Jungle, Smallville, L&O: Criminal Intent, Zune commercials, and more including German and UAE shows. It’s incredible.

Actually, what’s more incredible is that they’ve released two (and 3/4, more on that later) albums and I’ve never heard a peep out of them before yesterday. I was super late on the awesomeness that is Bitter:Sweet. They technically have three albums and one on the way, but one is a remix album of their debut, The Mating Game.

Bitter:Sweet is a glorious blend of electronic, trip-hop, jazz, and big band, and I highly suggest you check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment