Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Twitter Mouseover Problems

Whoa! So really, I only have a Twitter because of blogging (okay, and I love a good one liner), but this shit is crazy today. I went to reply to an @, and then all of a sudden, it's telling me that I'm RT something from Unilever or something like that. Eek!

Apparently, Twitter's gone haywire with a spam-link generating bug, with the site getting about 140,000 new tweets of this variety every 10 seconds. Ouch, Twitter. Merely hovering over an affected link with automatically have you posting various smut sites in a matter of seconds, as my account is doing as we speak.

I've read a variety of things, that it will be fixed in three hours, maybe five, but Twitter hasn't released anything on their official blog. Real nice, Twitter. Security firm, Sophos, detected the vulnerability earlier today, so we'll see how long this takes to fix.

That's one hell of a whale fail right there, and I imagine there's going to be some serious Twitter withdrawal going on worldwide today. Apparently, you can still get your fix by using any number of third party sites, including my favorite, Ping.

Good luck, Twitter users! Be safe out there.

UPDATE: Twitter has finally posted something on their blog. Even if it is short and useless.

No comments:

Post a Comment