Thursday, May 28, 2009

Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix

Excuse me, I love this band.

I will admit that I am a latecomer to the glory that is Phoenix. I got their new album, Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix, yesterday, then promptly got the rest of their discography. Every single album is awesome, but I really do enjoy this one.

It's really just a well rounded album. It's similar to their prior efforts, but more polished with more layers of sound. Funky beats coupled with Thomas Mars' vocals provide for tracks that you just can't help but groove along to.

Songs that make me want to dance like Molly Ringwald include...well, most of the album, but specifically "Lizstomania", "1901", "Lasso" and even parts of "Fences". The remaining tracks on this album include, "Rome", "Girlfriend", "Armistice", and the two-part instrumental track, "Love Like a Sunset", which are also awesome, but in their own way.

Technically, Phoenix went mainstream with their 2004 release Alphabetical, but I think this album will have them plastered all over the American airways this year. If we had more music like this in the mainstream media, I might actually listen to the radio. A

Phoenix's Site

No comments:

Post a Comment