Friday, May 29, 2009

Podcasts and thoughts on blogging...

So, Brian Briggs now has podcasts for BBspot! You can find them here. Warning: you WILL lol, so make sure you're somewhere where people will not look at you strangely. I learned this the hard way yesterday, on public transportation. I got some odd looks. Just looking out for ya!

Other than that...it's been fun! I'm getting a steady flow of views and I'm even on a few RSS feeds! So thanks everybody!

There is just one thing...

I have quite a few friends and acquaintances who have frequented the site and I get the comment all the time: "I didn't know you could write!". While I appreciate the flattery, the issue here is, really, I can't. That's what's so sad.

In research for this blog, I have checked out a lot of other blogs and wow...really? Why bother to post it if it's unreadable? I will be the first to admit that grammar has gone the way of the dodo, but basic spelling and punctuation, too!?

Example: I know damn well that when someone asks you, "How are you?" that the proper way to respond is, "I'm doing well, thank you, how are you?" or something similar. I was on the phone with a client the other day (twice my age, might I add) and said just that. He actually corrected me! He says, "Good, so you're doing good?" I really don't have a problem with this.

I do have a problem with not being able to spell if you're going to be posting actual, informational content on the internet. Comments, chat rooms, email, IMs, tweets, whatever, that doesn't count, but if you're publishing something like a blog, something for public consumption, you should at least make an effort! Simple things like two, to, and too or their, they're and there. We learned this in grade school kids, please remember!

I just think it's amazing sometimes what people will publish. Not saying that I am the world's best blogger or a grammar Nazi (I'm sure you'll find your fair share of grammatical inaccuracies on this page) but I can spell.

So, has it reached the point that if you can competently spell, you're a good writer?

Also, I don't understand the volume of blogs just posting a video or an audio track. You can't even put a little blurb in there of why you chose to put that song or video on your blog? What made you put that there? What did you like or dislike about it? WHY, dammit, WHY!? Inquiring minds want to know!

All in all, I've really enjoyed blogging so far and I'm looking forward to many, many more posts (so many new albums coming out!), so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment